Kehidakustány and its surroundings (due to the proximity of Balaton and Hévíz) offer a wide range of programs the whole year around. For details contact the personnel at the reception desk of the pension.
PIRATE SHIP ON LAKE BALATON
The Pirate ship
Cruise ship running on regular schedule in the Bay of Keszthely. On board of the pirate ship replica (sailboat with engine) a working cannon and costumed staff awaits the passengers. The children can get their picture taken in a pirate hat by the steering wheel and upon exit they get an honorary pirate certificate. Guided tours are also available on board.
Mermaid – replica of the steam turbine ship
Cruise ship, evoking the romantic mood of the 1800-s. The original ship was built by Ödön Széchenyi in 1867. The two-storey replica of the Mermaid, built in the style of the period, is currently the only ship run by a steam turbine engine on Lake Balaton. The board is partially covered. The air conditioned saloon is decorated with tropical wood panels and silk wallpaper. The guide on board tells stories of the lake, the steam ship and the beautiful scenery…
Both ships run different routes of different length in the Bay of Keszthely. Passes can be purchased at the reception desk of the Pension. Holiday vouchers are accepted.
You can find several stables near the pension. Some of them are indoor facilities, so you can enjoy horseback riding even on cold days or in bad weather conditions. Some stables even teach riding for children.
- Kehidakustány: cross country riding and carriage riding are available.
- Balios Stable – Zalacsány (distance: 3 km): the stable is located in a beautiful environment on the shore of the fishing pond of Zalacsány. They provide horseback riding with reigns, riding in the corral or cross country. You can also enjoy a ride in a carriage.
- Horse Farm in Szentmihálypuszta – Zalaszentlászló: guests can choose from several well tempered horses to best suit their riding knowledge. The stable provides riding courses and cross country riding. They also have an indoor arena.
“COME, HIKE WITH ME..!”
- Kis-Balaton –Island of Kányavár, Bird reserve
- Buffalo reseve – Kápolnapuszta
- Sztupa – Zalaszántó
- Lake Caves of Tapolca and MiLl Lake
- Sharp needle- geological site
- The Lakes of Szajk
- Arboretum of Jeli
- Balaton highlands – Szigliget, Badacsony, Tanúhegyek, Köveskál
BIKE TRIPS AND HIKES
- Viewing tower – 12 kms
- Geological trail – 7,5 kms
- Hike to the Springs – 10,5 km
- Blue trail – 18,5 km
- “Bird watch” – 35 km
- Hiking on the bicycle road along the lake Shore of Balaton – 35km
- Hike in the hills of Keszthely – 30 km
- “Volcano trip” – 48 km
- Spas in Zala county – 50 km
MUSEUMS, CASTLES AND OTHER CULTURAL TREASURES
- Thermal bath and Water park
- Deák manor
- Porcelain coffee cup collection
- Burial chapel
- Cemetery church
- Roman Catholic Church of Our Lady of Annunciation
Kallósd – distance: 3km
Rotunda church: one of the most acclaimed medieval art relics of Hungarian history.
- Festetics Castle – The impressive building of the castle and the elegant park amazes the visitors. The most beautiful decorative weapons of the Hungarian National Museum are exhibited in the castle, as well as the famous Windischgraetz trophy collection,you can visit the mirror room and the library.
- Georgikon- Farm museum- exhibition of wheat and wine production, coach-builder and smith exhibition complete with the impressive, functioning steam plough.
- Balaton Museum- displays the formation of lake Balaton, the history of its flora and fauna, and its cultural heritage.
- Snail Parliament
- Marzipan museum
- Wax museum- folk costumes doll museum
Zalaegerszeg – 28 km
- Village museum in Göcsej
- Synagogue – commissioned by József Stern in eclectic style. The synagouge built in 1903 is a concert hall and exhibition gallery
- Museum of Oil production
- Radio museum
Sümeg – 25 km
- Castle of Sümeg
- Knight tournaments
- Church dedicated to Saint Mary and the bishop’s palace
Rezi castle – 18 km
Castle in Szigliget – 30 km
Castle in Tátika Hill
- Balaton Conference Center and Theatre- Keszthely- 18 km
- Hevesi Sándor Theatre – Zalaegerszeg- 28km
- Fontana Artcinema – Hévíz – 12 km
- Cinema City Zala Plaza – Zalaegerszeg – 28 km
- Art Mozi – Zalaegerszeg – 28 km
- Fishpond of Zalacsány- 3km
- Balaton 18 km
- Small Balaton- 30km
- Kovács Hunting Society in Zalaszántó
AND OTHER WONDERS
- Site seeing from bird’s eye view from a hot air balloon
- Sightseeing flights
- Hang gliding
- Quad trips
- Cruising on lake Balaton
- Riding in a carriage